Definition of geezer in English:
1British informal A man: he strikes me as a decent geezer
More example sentences
- They are the proverbial cheeky London chappies, as cocky as two geezers barely out of their teens are entitled to be when blessed with an obvious talent.
- He's a sound bloke, solid, reliable and in short a diamond geezer.
- I might add that the guy doing the stage running around was a top geezer.
1.1North American informal , derogatory An old man.
- Where Jim was a lean, flexible, athletic type, this old man before me was an enormous old geezer who would've had the good sense to glue his fat lips shut every morning.
- They fool everyone into believing they're all powerful, but then you get up close and peel back the curtain, and it's just some old geezer with a few levers sticking out of the control panel.
- I'm willing to bet it belonged to some old geezer.
Late 19th century: representing a dialect pronunciation of earlier guiser 'mummer'.
Words that rhyme with geezerappeaser, Caesar, easer, Ebenezer, El Giza, freezer, geyser, Louisa, Pisa, seizer, squeezer, teaser, Teresa, Theresa, visa, wheezer
Definition of geezer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.