- A dish of stewed or baked stuffed fish, or of fish cakes boiled in a fish or vegetable broth.More example sentences
- The gefilte fish of Jewish tradition is simply a quenelle of fish en gelée that is common in classical French cooking.
- It was therefore the food of the Ashkenazi - chopped liver and gefilte fish, salt beef and latkes, cholent and borscht - which predominated there for many years.
- Israeli food, with its Middle Eastern, North African and European heritage, is much more than chicken soup, bagels and gefilte fish.
Yiddish, 'stuffed fish', from filn 'to fill' + fish1.
More definitions of gefilte fishDefinition of gefilte fish in:
- The US English dictionary