(also geisha girl)
noun (plural same or geishas)
- A Japanese hostess trained to entertain men with conversation, dance, and song: geisha, attracted to the dance, adapted it for use with their clientsMore example sentences
- Experience traditional Japanese culture in this city and in its Gion district, where the exquisite geishas are trained.
- The 11-year-old had tried out her hand in drawing two Japanese geishas.
- The sun was shining, the geishas were dancing and the crowds were maddening.
Japanese, 'entertainer', from gei 'performing arts' + sha 'person'.
More definitions of geishaDefinition of geisha in:
- The US English dictionary