- 1A force of gendarmes.More example sentences
- Criminals are usually delivered to the police or the gendarmerie, a military police with a reputation of an uncorrupted elite force.
- We need to bring in the international community, like international police, gendarmerie, carabinieri, to help us.
- The legal and judicial systems of Martinique are those of France, as are the police force and gendarmerie.
mid 16th century: French (see gendarme).
More definitions of gendarmerieDefinition of gendarmerie in:
- The US English dictionary