noun[mass noun] Medicine
- The condition of feeling one’s emotional and psychological identity as male or female to be opposite to one’s biological sex.More example sentences
- The respondent's doctor then reported to management confirming that the applicant had received hormone treatment for her medical condition of gender dysphoria, had not undergone surgery, but would do so in the relatively near future.
- Transsexuals believe they were born in the ‘wrong’ body, and suffer from a condition known as gender dysphoria.
- After ascertaining in clinical practice that there is truly gender dysphoria, the hypnotherapist helps these patients to identify hypnotically with both sides of their life experience, the masculine and the feminine.
- More example sentences
- I was referred to the specialists and they diagnosed me as gender dysphoric.
- But the fact is that people have to be ‘diagnosed’ as gender dysphoric and then satisfy a panel.
- I believe it is because many people fail to understand the anguish and desperation that gender dysphoric people suffer and because they cannot identify with such a strange phenomenon that is so alien to their everyday experience.
More definitions of gender dysphoriaDefinition of gender dysphoria in:
- The US English dictionary