- A chart like an inverted branching tree showing the lines of descent of a family or of an animal species.More example sentences
- As they point out, the deeper branches in genealogical trees will often represent lineages that have crossed the species range multiple times.
- Indications of recombination include departures from proportionality of the lengths of corresponding branches in the genealogical trees of the two genes and differences in the numbers of segregating sites.
- Using a military doctor's census of lepers from the 1930s he identifies the families and clans then, via access to civil documents, establishes two or three of the first branches of a genealogical tree for each.
More definitions of genealogical treeDefinition of genealogical tree in:
- The US English dictionary