- The election of representatives to a legislature (in the UK, to the House of Commons) from constituencies throughout the country.More example sentences
- Presidential general elections and primary elections need not be an instantaneous public interest poll.
- It has superintended two general elections, two municipal elections and numerous by-elections.
- It was a first for pictures to be placed on the ballot papers in a general election.
More definitions of general electionDefinition of general election in:
- The US English dictionary