- 1A strike of workers in all or most industries.More example sentences
- The stoppage was the second major general strike to be held recently to protest the changes.
- The general strike was the biggest industrial action in over a decade.
- Across Europe, South America and parts of Africa and Asia, workers launched general strikes to protest against privatisation, low pay, attacks on their rights and the overwhelming sense that the system does not deliver what it promises.
More definitions of general strikeDefinition of general strike in:
- The US English dictionary