Definition of generalist in English:
A person competent in several different fields or activities.
- Look to your own ranks to find competent generalists.
- Two recent molecular studies removed these doubts for several species and show that most of the dominant species were acting as generalists under field conditions.
- The analyses in table 6 assess whether generalists and specialists learn differently from heterogeneous accident experiences.
- Example sentences
- These don't demand some sort of empty generalism.
- At postgraduate level the Renaissance School will offer advanced specialist training in generalism to keep generalists firmly based in ‘whole patient medicine.’
- Without the BFAs that design jobs required, or knowledge of the multitude of languages needed to be a ‘developer,’ many turned to related specific subdisciplines into which their generalism could be expanded.
Words that rhyme with generalistfederalist
Definition of generalist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan