- A person competent in several different fields or activities.More example sentences
- Look to your own ranks to find competent generalists.
- Two recent molecular studies removed these doubts for several species and show that most of the dominant species were acting as generalists under field conditions.
- The analyses in table 6 assess whether generalists and specialists learn differently from heterogeneous accident experiences.
- More example sentences
- These don't demand some sort of empty generalism.
- At postgraduate level the Renaissance School will offer advanced specialist training in generalism to keep generalists firmly based in ‘whole patient medicine.’
- Without the BFAs that design jobs required, or knowledge of the multitude of languages needed to be a ‘developer,’ many turned to related specific subdisciplines into which their generalism could be expanded.
More definitions of generalistDefinition of generalist in:
- The US English dictionary