- 1A general statement or concept obtained by inference from specific cases: he was making sweeping generalizationsMore example sentences
- Participation is far too diverse a concept to permit easy generalizations.
- It just amazed him how people form such absurd generalizations out of specific instances.
- But it does not, so I will press on with the sweeping generalizations.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The action of generalizing: such anecdotes cannot be a basis for generalizationMore example sentences
- Thus, the transfer of training that was found could not be attributable to generalization on the basis of stimulus similarity.
- But they may still serve a basis for some generalisation when the issue of ‘partnership’ is brought into question.
- Again, I think the absolute basis of all prejudice is ignorance and generalization.
More definitions of generalizationDefinition of generalization in:
- The US English dictionary