- A psychological disorder characterized by excessive or disproportionate anxiety about several aspects of life, such as work, social relationships, or financial matters: extreme worrying almost every day for six months or more may signal generalized anxiety disorderMore example sentences
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is much more than the normal anxiety people experience day to day.
- The good news is that there are many effective remedies available for generalized anxiety disorder.
- The symptoms displayed by this child are consistent with a diagnosis of generalized anxiety disorder (previously termed overanxious disorder of childhood).
More definitions of generalized anxiety disorderDefinition of generalized anxiety disorder in:
- The US English dictionary