noun (plural generatrices /-trɪsiːz/)Mathematics
- another term for generator.More example sentences
- The male member has at least three facets evenly distributed about its axis and each facet is generally cylindrical with generatrices orthogonal to the axis and on respective opposite sides of a common transverse plane.
- This direction, however, was formerly always along the generatrix [i.e. parallel to the axis] of the roller cone, until the new type of bit was designed by the author's research group.
- A cylinder is right, if its generatrices are perpendicular to its base; otherwise, a cylinder is oblique.
mid 19th century: from Latin (feminine).
More definitions of generatrixDefinition of generatrix in:
- The US English dictionary