- The spread of altered genes from genetically engineered organisms to other, non-engineered organisms, especially by cross-pollination.More example sentences
- In the agriculture realm, the switch to industrialized export systems also brings soil and water pollution, pesticide poisoning, and genetic pollution from genetically engineered plants.
- This spread of genetic pollution may adversely affect the local adaptation of the wild population.
- It seems as if a self serving biotechnology industry is deliberately using genetic pollution to ensure organic farmers lose the ability to serve those markets.
More definitions of genetic pollutionDefinition of genetic pollution in:
- The US English dictionary