- A synthetic violet dye derived from rosaniline, used as an antiseptic: she painted my wound with gentian violetMore example sentences
- Some surgeons want to use bait point pens to mark the surgical site, but we have one surgeon who insists that gentian violet and methylene blue are the only two dyes approved to be used on a patient's skin.
- The isolated CD4 + T-cells are then stained with gentian violet and trypan blue.
- For those who might be stimulated by this letter to try gentian violet for impetigo, the agent must be kept away from the cornea.
More definitions of gentian violetDefinition of gentian violet in:
- The US English dictionary