- Why was there controversy about observing the Jewish Sabbath among Jewish and Gentile Christians in the church at Colossae?
- Of course in early Christianity one of the great struggles between Jewish Christians and Gentile Christians involved the food laws in Judaism.
- Mark expected Jewish and Gentile Christians to use however much time remained for the evangelization of the nations.
- Again we must say that this was strictly a Jewish affair, no Gentiles being involved; no, not even the Roman guard.
- Also the congregations in these synagogues were Jews, Gentiles sat outside the main room on one side and the women and children on the other side.
- I think that this information would be of interest to Gentiles as well as Jews.
Late Middle English: from Latin gentilis 'of a family or nation, of the same clan' (used in the Vulgate to refer to non-Jews), from gens, gent- 'family, race', from the root of gignere 'beget'.
Words that rhyme with gentilepercentile
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: gen|tile
Definition of gentile in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.