- One of the bodyguards of the British monarch on ceremonial occasions.More example sentences
- Rather, Virginia was conceived in the 1580s by English merchants, mariners, and gentlemen-at-arms who wanted to build an empire in America.
- He was a gentleman-at-arms who attended Henry VIII at The Siege of Boulogne in 1544.
- King Henry V's beautiful widow, Catherine, is determined to marry Owen Tudor, a Welsh gentleman-at-arms, but her life is overshadowed by the various powerful men close to the throne.
More definitions of gentleman-at-armsDefinition of gentleman-at-arms in:
- The US English dictionary