A form of treasure hunt using GPS, in which an item is hidden somewhere in the world and its coordinates posted on the Internet, so that GPS users can locate it.
More example sentences
- It's a must-have for the new sport of geocaching - a high-tech treasure hunt in which you're given a latitude and longitude to help you find a hidden stash.
- Yesterday, my friend Alistair introduced me to geocaching - a treasure-hunt sort of game where people stash containers with goodies in them in odd locations, which you can only find with a GPS receiver and some skill.
- As an outdoor activity, then the pursuit of the moment is geocaching.
- More example sentences
- Not a term of rudeness but the nom de guerre of a fellow geocacher.
- This is an important piece of information for the cache owner whether you are an accomplished geocacher, or just starting out.
Definition of geocaching in:
- The US English dictionary