Definition of geolocation in English:
The process or technique of identifying the geographical location of a person or device by means of digital information processed via the Internet.
- You won't be able to control who sees your location with Twitter geolocation.
- Far from splitting the Web, geolocation's proponents say, the technology makes the Internet more meaningful to a global audience.
- Geolocation is expected to be an important theme of the South by Southwest conference in Austin, Texas, which starts tomorrow.
- Example sentences
- It is possible with existing technology to geolocate any mobile phone whenever it is switched on.
- I don't geolocate any photos of my house.
- He has a tasty way to geolocate your photostream on Google maps.
Words that rhyme with geolocationablation, aeration, agnation, Alsatian, Amerasian, Asian, aviation, cetacean, citation, conation, creation, Croatian, counterdemonstration, counterproliferation, crustacean, curation, Dalmatian, delation, dilation, donation, duration, elation, fixation, Galatian, glocalization, gyration, Haitian, halation, Horatian, ideation, illation, lavation, legation, libation, location, lunation, mutation, natation, nation, negation, notation, nutation, oblation, oration, ovation, potation, relation, rogation, rotation, Sarmatian, sedation, Serbo-Croatian, station, staycation, taxation, Thracian, vacation, vexation, vocation, zonation
Definition of geolocation in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan