Definition of geomatics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The branch of science that deals with the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data relating to the earth’s surface.
- At last count, the intranet-based group encompassed 19 different communities, with discussion topics ranging from physics to geomatics.
- He holds a bachelor's degree in geomatics and a master's degree from the Department of Geomatic Sciences at Laval University.
- Two reference station software packages provide scalable systems for surveying, mapping, and geomatics.
- Example sentences
- Members are either geomatic technicians or multi-media technicians.
- The professor of geomatic engineering commented: ‘This is a historic moment for Mars exploration.’
- High-resolution geomatic surveys allow 3D photorealistic outcrop images to be captured and interpreted using novel visualization and analysis methods.
Definition of geomatics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan