noun[treated as singular]
- The branch of science that deals with the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data relating to the earth’s surface.More example sentences
- At last count, the intranet-based group encompassed 19 different communities, with discussion topics ranging from physics to geomatics.
- He holds a bachelor's degree in geomatics and a master's degree from the Department of Geomatic Sciences at Laval University.
- Two reference station software packages provide scalable systems for surveying, mapping, and geomatics.
- More example sentences
- Members are either geomatic technicians or multi-media technicians.
- The professor of geomatic engineering commented: ‘This is a historic moment for Mars exploration.’
- High-resolution geomatic surveys allow 3D photorealistic outcrop images to be captured and interpreted using novel visualization and analysis methods.
More definitions of geomaticsDefinition of geomatics in:
- The US English dictionary