- A UNESCO-designated area containing one or more sites of particular geological importance, intended to conserve the geological heritage and promote public awareness of it, typically through tourism.More example sentences
- Steffeln is a very small village, population 500, in the European geopark Vukaneifel, Germany.
- The Abberley and Malvern Hills geopark was formed in 2003- the 17th to be created - and covers an area of 480 square miles.
- The geopark turns attention to the close connection between geological heritage and human society.
More definitions of geoparkDefinition of geopark in:
- The US English dictionary