noun[mass noun] (also geosciences)
Earth sciences, especially geology.
- A regional approach to public geoscience will reflect our geology, and will encourage sharing of expertise among geological surveys, universities, and industry.
- Concern was expressed that this needed regional geoscience is lacking over most of Canada, while geological survey activity is being curtailed.
- A degree in geoscience provides an ideal background for a science journalist.
- Example sentences
- As with fold geometry and origin, the final appearance of a geological feature offers geoscientists many opportunities to leap to conclusions about its formation.
- AGI is a non-profit federation of 40 geoscience professional associations representing over 100,000 geoscientists in the United States.
- Sustainable development and climate change are now dominant themes, and geoscientists have attempted to respond with multidisciplinary solutions such as earth system science.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: geo|science
Definition of geoscience in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.