- A series of germ cells each descended or developed from earlier cells in the series, regarded as continuing through successive generations of an organism.More example sentences
- The figures trace the development of the progenitor cell of the germ line and of the subsequent formation of gametes within a single organism.
- Transgenesis refers to the process of introducing exogenous genes into the germ line of an organism.
- Most animal cells, including the cells of the germ line, have two copies of each chromosome: one from the animal's mother, the other from the father.
More definitions of germ lineDefinition of germ line in:
- The US English dictionary