Definition of germicide in English:
A substance or other agent which destroys harmful microorganisms.
- Research has not shown an increased resistance of antibiotic-resistant bacteria to hospital germicides and disinfectants.
- When using a chemical germicide to achieve high-level disinfection, an agent registered with and approved by government regulatory bodies should be selected.
- The National Fire Protection Association is concerned about the use of flammable liquid germicides where electro-surgery or lasers are used.
- Example sentences
- The selected antiseptic solution should have a broad range of germicidal action.
- Researchers at Canada's McGill University installed UVGI or ultraviolet germicidal irradiation ventilation systems in three office buildings in Montreal.
- Between procedures, equipment and furniture that are visibly soiled should be cleaned with a registered hospital-grade germicidal agent.
Definition of germicide in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan