- • informal Succeed in doing whatever one chooses without being punished or suffering any disadvantage: some local authorities are letting estate agents get away with murderMore example sentences
- People got away with murder in this country, 2000 murders to be exact.
- Developers up to now got away with murder and only provided the minimum facilities when they were developing new housing estates.
- Like many other people, I believe the banks got away with murder in the past and abused the power they had over the day-today lives of ordinary, decent and hardworking people.
More definitions of get away with blue murderDefinition of get away with blue murder in:
- The US English dictionary