- Clarified butter made from the milk of a buffalo or cow, used in Indian cooking: a delicious meal cooked in gheeMore example sentences
- There was plenty of milk and ghee (clarified butter) in the village.
- Rice, milk, butter and ghee along with fruits and leafy vegetables are recommended.
- Milk is drunk and also made into curds, ghi (clarified butter), buttermilk, and butter.
from Hindi ghī, from Sanskrit ghṛtá 'sprinkled'.
More definitions of gheeDefinition of ghee in:
- The US English dictionary