- Put in or restrict to an isolated or segregated place, group, or situation: they called for a policy that seeks to integrate foreign labourers rather than ghettoize themMore example sentences
- We did not want to be ghettoised and isolated.
- This ‘soft’ segregation, he says, suggests that Britain is moving towards being a segregated, ghettoised society.
- They don't ghettoize crime writers in other countries, and of course they shouldn't.
- More example sentences
- Hasn't the world learned a thing from past internment, ghettoization and marginalization of groups?
- It is nothing less than an extension of genre ghettoization.
- There are people who can't manage a word of English and what is worse make no attempt to learn the language of their adopted country inevitably leading to isolation and social and cultural ghettoisation.
More definitions of ghettoizeDefinition of ghettoize in:
- The US English dictionary