Definition of giant-killer in English:
A person or team that defeats a seemingly much more powerful opponent.
- Rugby's capacity for throwing up cup giant-killers is notoriously rare.
- It was giant-killers to giants in just four days for Livingston, and after six minutes they could well have been slain.
- But although these clubs play in a higher level than the rest, there is absolutely no guarantee that the lower sides will not become giant-killers.
- Example sentences
- Amateurs and professionals will be striving to gain this prestigious crown that unites the game's elite and grassroots players with giant-killing on everyone's mind.
- The dream of giant-killing was quickly shattered.
- With the Russian game on December 3, and with no expectations against the others, it could set them up for a spot of giant-killing.
Definition of giant-killer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan