Definition of giclee in English:
1A digital printing process in which an ink-jet printer is used to produce a high-quality art print: giclee is the only printing technique that captures the essence of my watercolors [as modifier]: limited-edition giclee prints
More example sentences
- The final public editions are enlarged and reproduced using giclée and other techniques.
- That said, she does ultimately digitize the image in order to make a giclée print.
- Hence the word ‘inkjet’ isn't exactly prominent in the marketing of giclée products, despite that being exactly what the process is.
1.1 [count noun] A print produced using the giclee process: 65 per cent of galleries now sell giclees
More example sentences
- His work will be reproduced in limited-edition giclees to be released by Side Roads this year.
- Her limited-edition giclees will be published by New Era with prices starting at $695.
- There are also geographic differences in the percentage of galleries that carry both types of giclees.
1990s: from French giclée 'spurt, squirt'.
Words that rhyme with gicleeaffray, agley, aka, allay, Angers, A-OK, appellation contrôlée, array, assay, astray, au fait, auto-da-fé, away, aweigh, aye, bay, belay, betray, bey, Bombay, Bordet, boulevardier, bouquet, brae, bray, café au lait, Carné, cassoulet, Cathay, chassé, chevet, chez, chiné, clay, convey, Cray, crème brûlée, crudités, cuvée, cy-pres, day, decay, deejay, dégagé, distinguée, downplay, dray, Dufay, Dushanbe, eh, embay, engagé, essay, everyday, faraway, fay, fey, flay, fray, Frey, fromage frais, gainsay, Gaye, Genet, gilet, glissé, gray, grey, halfway, hay, heigh, hey, hooray, Hubei, Hué, hurray, inveigh, jay, jeunesse dorée, José, Kay, Kaye, Klee, Kray, Lae, lay, lei, Littré, Lough Neagh, lwei, Mae, maguey, Malay, Mallarmé, Mandalay, Marseilles, may, midday, midway, mislay, misplay, Monterrey, Na-Dene, nay, né, née, neigh, Ney, noway, obey, O'Dea, okay, olé, outlay, outplay, outstay, outweigh, oyez, part-way, pay, Pei, per se, pince-nez, play, portray, pray, prey, purvey, qua, Quai d'Orsay, Rae, rangé, ray, re, reflet, relevé, roman-à-clef, Santa Fé, say, sei, Shar Pei, shay, slay, sleigh, sley, spae, spay, Spey, splay, spray, stay, straightaway, straightway, strathspey, stray, Sui, survey, sway, Taipei, Tay, they, today, tokay, Torbay, Tournai, trait, tray, trey, two-way, ukiyo-e, underlay, way, waylay, Wei, weigh, wey, Whangarei, whey, yea
Definition of giclee in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.