Definition of giclee in English:
1A digital printing process in which an ink-jet printer is used to produce a high-quality art print: giclee is the only printing technique that captures the essence of my watercolors [as modifier]: limited-edition giclee prints
More example sentences
- Others are printed using the giclee process, where long-lasting inks are laid onto various types of art papers.
- The vast majority, 83 percent, say that more education is needed to help them inform their clients about giclee printing.
- Newcomers to the art business today might not realize that there was not a printmaking technique called "giclee" a decade ago.
1.1 [count noun] A print produced using the giclee process: 65 per cent of galleries now sell giclees
More example sentences
- Today, according to the recent Art Business News POP Survey, giclees are the leading type of print art dealers and gallery owners have added to their inventories.
- Her customers, she added, also like the look of giclees, especially those printed on canvas.
- He recently began to distribute the work of more than 20 artists whose works are printed as giclees.
1990s: from French giclée 'spurt, squirt'.
Words that rhyme with gicleeaffray, agley, aka, allay, Angers, A-OK, appellation contrôlée, array, assay, astray, au fait, auto-da-fé, away, aweigh, aye, bay, belay, betray, bey, Bombay, Bordet, boulevardier, bouquet, brae, bray, café au lait, Carné, cassoulet, Cathay, chassé, chevet, chez, chiné, clay, convey, Cray, crème brûlée, crudités, cuvée, cy-pres, day, decay, deejay, dégagé, distinguée, downplay, dray, Dufay, Dushanbe, eh, embay, engagé, essay, everyday, faraway, fay, fey, flay, fray, Frey, fromage frais, gainsay, gay, Gaye, Genet, gilet, glissé, gray, grey, halfway, hay, heigh, hey, hooray, Hubei, Hué, hurray, inveigh, jay, jeunesse dorée, José, Kay, Kaye, Klee, Kray, Lae, lay, lei, Littré, Lough Neagh, lwei, Mae, maguey, Malay, Mallarmé, Mandalay, Marseilles, may, midday, midway, mislay, misplay, Monterrey, Na-Dene, nay, né, née, neigh, Ney, noway, obey, O'Dea, okay, olé, outlay, outplay, outstay, outweigh, oyez, part-way, pay, Pei, per se, pince-nez, play, portray, pray, prey, purvey, qua, Quai d'Orsay, Rae, rangé, ray, re, reflet, relevé, roman-à-clef, Santa Fé, say, sei, Shar Pei, shay, slay, sleigh, sley, spae, spay, Spey, splay, spray, stay, straightaway, straightway, strathspey, stray, Sui, survey, sway, Taipei, Tay, they, today, tokay, Torbay, Tournai, trait, tray, trey, two-way, ukiyo-e, underlay, way, waylay, Wei, weigh, wey, Whangarei, whey, yea
Definition of giclee in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan