- 1A digital printing process in which an ink-jet printer is used to produce a high-quality art print: giclee is the only printing technique that captures the essence of my watercolors [as modifier]: limited-edition giclee printsMore example sentences
- Others are printed using the giclee process, where long-lasting inks are laid onto various types of art papers.
- The vast majority, 83 percent, say that more education is needed to help them inform their clients about giclee printing.
- Newcomers to the art business today might not realize that there was not a printmaking technique called "giclee" a decade ago.
- 1.1 [count noun] A print produced using the giclee process: 65 per cent of galleries now sell gicleesMore example sentences
- Today, according to the recent Art Business News POP Survey, giclees are the leading type of print art dealers and gallery owners have added to their inventories.
- Her customers, she added, also like the look of giclees, especially those printed on canvas.
- He recently began to distribute the work of more than 20 artists whose works are printed as giclees.
1990s: from French giclée 'spurt, squirt'.
More definitions of gicleeDefinition of giclee in:
- The US English dictionary