- An enormous carnivorous dinosaur of the late Cretaceous period, resembling the tyrannosaurs.
More example sentences
- Genus Giganotosaurus, suborder Theropoda, order Saurischia
- Allain says Mapusaurus is more closely related to the Argentinian Giganotosaurus than to the African species.
- Blanco had successfully used a similar method to estimate the speed of 30 living mammals and the T-rex-like dinosaur Giganotosaurus.
- With the discovery of Giganotosaurus and related forms, Carnosauria is once again the home of the world's largest terrestrial predators.
modern Latin, from Greek gigas 'giant' + nōton 'back' + sauros 'lizard'.
More definitions of giganotosaurusDefinition of giganotosaurus in:
- The US English dictionary