Definition of gigantic in English:
Of very great size or extent; huge or enormous: a gigantic concrete tower
More example sentences
- What started as a small bonfire has grown to the size of a gigantic tip.
- There was a gigantic tower on the bar graph for the number of people who were sick on a Monday.
- I get confused between giant prawns, crayfish and langoustine, but these were gigantic.
very big/large, great, giant, massive, colossal, mammoth, immense, tremendous, mighty, stupendous, monumental;
boundless, immeasurable, limitless, infinite, cosmic;
epic, prodigious, mountainous, monstrous, titanic, towering, elephantine, king-sized, king-size, gargantuan, Herculean, Brobdingnagian, substantial
informal mega, monster, whopping, whopping great, thumping, thumping great, humongous, jumbo, hulking, bumper, astronomical, astronomic
- Example sentences
- It's been a gigantically emotional day for me.
- The odds were gigantically stacked against them.
- Our enormous country is really a tiny principality, in which our leaders loom gigantically large in the quiet green landscape.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan