Of very great size or extent; huge or enormous: a gigantic concrete tower
More example sentences
- What started as a small bonfire has grown to the size of a gigantic tip.
- There was a gigantic tower on the bar graph for the number of people who were sick on a Monday.
- I get confused between giant prawns, crayfish and langoustine, but these were gigantic.
huge, enormous, vast, extensive, expansive, broad, wide;
very big/large, great, giant, massive, colossal, mammoth, immense, tremendous, mighty, stupendous, monumental;
boundless, immeasurable, limitless, infinite, cosmic;
epic, prodigious, mountainous, monstrous, titanic, towering, elephantine, king-sized, king-size, gargantuan, Herculean, Brobdingnagian, substantial
informal mega, monster, whopping, whopping great, thumping, thumping great, humongous, jumbo, hulking, bumper, astronomical, astronomic
British informal whacking, whacking great, ginormous
- Example sentences
- It's been a gigantically emotional day for me.
- The odds were gigantically stacked against them.
- Our enormous country is really a tiny principality, in which our leaders loom gigantically large in the quiet green landscape.
Words that rhyme with giganticantic, Atlantic, corybantic, frantic, geomantic, mantic, necromantic, pedantic, romantic, semantic, sycophantic, transatlantic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.