- (In Greek mythology) the struggle between the gods and the giants.More example sentences
- A gigantomachy is a depiction of the ancient Greek mythical war between gods and giants for rule of the universe.
- Several sculpture representations of the gigantomachy are found on various buildings.
- The gigantomachy was an inspirational subject for many artists and poets of that time.
late 16th century: from Greek gigantomakhia, from gigas, gigant- (see giant) + -makhia 'fighting'.
More definitions of gigantomachyDefinition of gigantomachy in:
- The US English dictionary