nounNorth American • informal
- A run-down or seedy nightclub or bar.More example sentences
- I usually had to argue, cajole, persuade, and, as a last resort, grovel, to get my dad to take me with him to the neighborhood gin mill, to watch the Friday Night Fights on TV.
- ‘You couldn't walk a block without a gin mill,’ he recalls.
- Eight years later he found himself living at the home of a waitress who served at the gin mill he frequented.
More definitions of gin millDefinition of gin mill in:
- The US English dictionary