noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the gums.More example sentences
- Other oral conditions including dental abscesses, caries, gingivitis and oral ulceration (herpetic or bacterial) may occur.
- A common periodontal disease is gingivitis - inflammation of the gums characterized by redness, swelling, and sometimes bleeding.
- Acute ulcerative gingivitis (Vincent's disease) results from severe infection of the gums and is extremely painful.
More definitions of gingivitisDefinition of gingivitis in:
- The US English dictionary