(also girdle-tailed lizard)
- An African lizard with rough or spiny scales which give a banded appearance to the body and tail. Also called zonure.
More example sentences
- Genus Cordylus, family Cordylidae: several species, in particular the common (or Cape) girdled lizard (C. cordylus)
- Some chameleons, for example, have three prominent horns while girdle-tailed lizards have overlapping scaled armor.
- All of the girdle-tailed lizards have very thick scales.
- This girdled lizard lives in cracked boulders in montane grassland or well-wooded lower slopes.