- Covered or having been covered by glaciers or ice sheets: a glaciated valleyMore example sentences
- None of the streams draining upland areas of the Southeast were glaciated during Pleistocene ice ages or inundated by Cretaceous seas during interglacial periods.
- The region is adjacent to the driftless area, and was glaciated during the Wisconsin glaciation.
- The two maps are genetically related, but very different, in some ways loosely comparable to the ‘Solid’ and ‘Drift’ geological maps of a heavily glaciated area.
mid 19th century: past participle of obsolete glaciate, from Latin glaciare 'freeze', from glacies 'ice'.
More definitions of glaciatedDefinition of glaciated in:
- The US English dictionary