- A preparation made from egg white, especially as an adhesive for bookbinding and gilding.More example sentences
- Whatever pigments were selected or manufactured for use, the binding medium with which they were incorporated was either glair or a solution of gum.
- This glair was also commonly used as a binder for pigments used in medieval illumination.
- Make your own glair using ingredients such as egg, water, sugar and gum arabic.
- More example sentences
- We use for delicate ornamentation what was once the dwelling of a glairy animal, near relation to the oyster.
- It is indicated when there is a clear, glairy, stringy fluid vomited, the nausea aggravated by smell of food.
- Synovial membrane is composed of a form of connective tissue, and secretes a glairy fluid resembling the white of egg, named synovia.
Middle English: from Old French glaire, based on Latin clara, feminine of clarus 'clear'.
More definitions of glairDefinition of glair in:
- The US English dictionary