Definition of glair in English:
A preparation made from egg white, especially as an adhesive for bookbinding and gilding.
- Whatever pigments were selected or manufactured for use, the binding medium with which they were incorporated was either glair or a solution of gum.
- This glair was also commonly used as a binder for pigments used in medieval illumination.
- Make your own glair using ingredients such as egg, water, sugar and gum arabic.
- Example sentences
- We use for delicate ornamentation what was once the dwelling of a glairy animal, near relation to the oyster.
- It is indicated when there is a clear, glairy, stringy fluid vomited, the nausea aggravated by smell of food.
- Synovial membrane is composed of a form of connective tissue, and secretes a glairy fluid resembling the white of egg, named synovia.
Definition of glair in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan