- A sword.More example sentences
- He and his troops were well-equipped with glaives, maces, battle axes, and long bows.
- ‘Please don't use your glaive or any other weapon and ruin your gown,’ Marrim said seriously.
- Looking a question at Erin, she drew her glaive from its scabbard and handed it to the weaponsmaster.
Middle English (denoting a lance or halberd): from Old French, apparently from Latin gladius 'sword'.
More definitions of glaiveDefinition of glaive in:
- The US English dictionary