- An unacknowledged barrier to advancement in a profession, especially affecting women and members of minorities: the first female to break through the glass ceiling in EngineeringMore example sentences
- Even with your defense of the article, it seems to me that she is blaming women for the glass ceiling that limits their advancement.
- Successful initiatives for breaking the glass ceiling to upward mobility for minorities and women.
- The minority of women who do break through the glass ceiling manage only because they rely on an army of other women who don't.
More definitions of glass ceilingDefinition of glass ceiling in:
- The US English dictionary