noun[mass noun] chiefly British
- A strong plastic, textile, or other material containing embedded glass filaments for reinforcement.More example sentences
- The material contains both glass fiber and mineral reinforcements.
- The hulls are laminated inside and outside with fibre reinforced plastic composed of glass fibre and carbon laminates bound with vinyl ester and polyester resin.
- The most important boron compound commercially is sodium borate, used in the manufacture of borosilicate glass, glass fiber insulation, and textile glass fiber.
More definitions of glass fibreDefinition of glass fibre in:
- The US English dictionary