Definition of glasses in English:
1A pair of lenses set in a frame resting on the nose and ears, used to correct or assist defective eyesight.
- She stood in the hallway in another one of her typical flowing dresses, her hair tied up this time and a small pair of silver glasses resting on her nose.
- This teenager held a buff build and tall lean body with brown hair was spiked and wire frame glasses rested on his nose.
- Silver framed glasses rested on the tip of her nose, her short hair being tousled by the brisk winds.
1.1A pair of binoculars.
- Some of them would scan the beach with powerful binoculars and night glasses, focussing on the couples.
- Others around the rim of the valley took up the cry and commanders with binoculars trained their glasses on the sea.
- He pulled out a small pair of binoculars that doubled as night vision glasses and headed towards the edge of the rock face.
Words that rhyme with glassessunglasses • missus • suffix
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan