- A large white and pale grey gull breeding on Arctic coasts.
More example sentences
- Larus hyperboreus, family Laridae
- Below we report the geographic distribution of long-tailed ducks, eiders, scoters, glaucous gulls, and Pacific loons with respect to month and ice cover.
- Mark and Alex took the lead in the kayaks, harried by pale glaucous gulls and the quick, forked-tailed arctic terns.
- Unlike other birds observed during these surveys, glaucous gulls occurred in significantly higher densities in June than in July and August.