- 1 [mass noun] The action of installing windows: a programme of acoustic glazing was undertaken to protect against traffic noiseMore example sentences
- For example, using the building form to provide shelter from a noise source is preferable to installing acoustic-rated glazing.
- The noise of the traffic has forced residents to sleep at the back of their houses and install secondary glazing, costing hundreds of pounds.
- He said the roof on the new grandstand was half-completed and glazing was being installed.
- 1.1Glass windows: sealed protective glazingMore example sentences
- He said such improvements might, for example, create ventilation between the inner stained glass and the protective outer glazing.
- What kind of glass should you use - normal glass or acrylic glazing?
- Double-hung windows were replaced to match the profile and leaded glazing of the originals.
- 2A glaze: bakers show great flair in their use of glazingsMore example sentences
- We provide methods to analyze new kinds of systems such as radiant heating and cooling, electrochromic glazings and daylighting.
- Also coming are smart glazings, notably electrochromics, which use low-voltage power to modulate from clear to full color.
- While some glazings, such as low-emissivity ones, result in no significant change, others can dramatically alter it.
More definitions of glazingDefinition of glazing in:
- The US English dictionary