- A narrow valley, especially in Scotland or Ireland.More example sentences
- The choice of venue - Glasgow, the road junction for Gaelic immigration from the Highlands of Scotland and the glens of Ireland - is also significant.
- The Slieve Blooms full of hidden glens and valleys and lakes and have a certain magic that draws not only the tourists but also the locals back again and again.
- And you can see why, because the tiny island has the lot - mountains, rugged coastline, beaches, open moorland and wooded glens.
late Middle English: from Scottish Gaelic and Irish gleann (earlier glenn).
More definitions of glenDefinition of glen in:
- The US English dictionary