- 1Shining with a shimmering or sparkling light: glittering chandeliersMore example sentences
- The earth began to spin, as a spray of glittering lights, shimmered around me.
- One by one they began to rain down on the earth, shining brightly in a glittering dance before they faded at the edge of the world.
- Masses of glittering stars that shone from an ebony sky lit our trail.
- 1.1Impressively successful or elaborate: a glittering military careerMore example sentences
- He lived in Arkansas until he graduated from high school and returned in 2001 after a glittering military career.
- The impression given is of a glittering career, effortlessly achieved.
- The stunning songwriter has sustained a glittering career, but she's had enough and she's knocking it on the head.
- More example sentences
- Begin with a novel take on pirate mythology, add a dash of exciting special effects and glitteringly beautiful treasure scenes, mix with snarky, fresh comic relief, and seal with an incredibly cute cast.
- These days it is weighed glitteringly down with upmarket gold shops and silversmiths, but the bridge was traditionally home to the city's butchers and tanners.
- However amusing its ironic stance toward the culture it glitteringly mocks, the real irony of this book is that it's the ultimate Los Angeles product: a rip-roaring, special-effects-filled ride.
More definitions of glitteringDefinition of glittering in:
- The US English dictionary