1Globe-shaped; spherical: plants with distinctive globular blooms
More example sentences
- These have expanding necks and bulbous to globular bodies.
- Both have a globular or bulbous bell and the reed is placed on a curved or angled crook.
- The bottle has a direct neck and a globular body and an evened and rounded lip.
2Composed of globules.
- The small differences among various amino acids are diminished further by averaging over the rather similar compositions of globular proteins.
- First, the titin molecule is composed of a discrete number of globular domains and a nonglobular segment.
- As some of the water was removed, tiny globular islands, or ‘micelles’ of solid material formed in the solution.
short for globular cluster.
- The Milky Way has about 100 globular clusters, whereas giant elliptical galaxies are surrounded by thousands of globulars.
- If globulars have black holes now, then globulars most likely had black holes when they originally formed.
- What is clear is that these clusters, like the globulars, are ancient.
- Example sentences
- The index encodes information about the cyclicity of a molecule where long, straight chain molecules have the highest values and the value decreases with increases in globularity and cyclicity.
- Combined treatment has the added bonus of smaller particle size, more globularity, and lesser surface tension.
- An additional result from the prediction of solvent accessibility is that of protein globularity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.