- A musical percussion instrument having a set of tuned metal pieces mounted in a frame and struck with small hammers.More example sentences
- The former work is rather seductive, thanks in part to the coos of the vocalists and also because of the exotic tones of the marimbas, glockenspiels, and metallophone.
- A marimba also is essentially a set of wooden bars, while the glockenspiel and vibraphone involve metal bars.
- The arrangements are spare yet sky-wide, occasionally visited by banjos, accordions, glockenspiels, and theremin.
early 19th century (denoting an organ stop imitating the sound of bells): from German Glockenspiel, literally 'bell play'.
More definitions of glockenspielDefinition of glockenspiel in:
- The US English dictionary