Definition of glomerulus in English:
noun (plural glomeruli ɡlɒˈmɛr(j)ʊlʌɪɡlɒˈmɛr(j)ʊliː)Anatomy & Biology
A cluster of nerve endings, spores, or small blood vessels, especially a cluster of capillaries around the end of a kidney tubule.
- In the kidney, the glomeruli show thickened capillary walls and endothelial swelling.
- The neoplastic cells surrounded glomeruli and invaded renal tubules forming lymphoepithelial lesions.
- Fairly well differentiated renal tissue with embryonic glomeruli and tubules.
- Example sentences
- By light microscopy, glomeruli showed glomerular basement membrane thickening.
- This force drives plasma from the glomerular capillaries into the nephrons.
- Jones silver stains highlighted the basement membrane spikes in some, but not all, glomerular capillaries.
Definition of glomerulus in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan