- Relating to the tongue and pharynx.More example sentences
- After several investigations, including computed tomography, he had undergone a trial of carbamazepine for glossopharyngeal neuralgia.
- The increase in airway area in all three regions with glossopharyngeal stimulation was uniform across the pressure range.
- In contrast, a greater increase in velopharyngeal lateral diameter resulted from glossopharyngeal stimulation than from any of the other nerves.
early 19th century: from Greek glōssa 'tongue' + pharyngeal (from modern Latin pharynx, pharyng- 'pharynx').
More definitions of glossopharyngealDefinition of glossopharyngeal in:
- The US English dictionary