- Any of a group of corticosteroids (e.g. hydrocortisone) which are involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats and have anti-inflammatory activity.More example sentences
- Medications that can reduce androgen levels include estrogen, gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists, and glucocorticoids.
- Some steroid hormones, such as glucocorticoids, bind to a cytoplasmic receptor protein that is then translocated into the nucleus.
- In one of them, Dallman and her colleagues simulated chronic stress by increasing the brain concentration of a rodent version of the glucocorticoid called cortisol.
More definitions of glucocorticoidDefinition of glucocorticoid in:
- The US English dictionary