- 1A crystalline compound which occurs widely in connective tissue, especially as a component of chitin.
More example sentences
- A glucose derivative containing an amino group; chemical formula: C6H13NO5
- In addition, experiments were conducted at sea to measure the growth of heterotrophic bacteria in response to amendments of amino acids, protein, N-acetyl glucosamine, and chitin.
- An example of recurrent mutation in human beings is the ABO blood group, where types A and B are functional alleles that control enzymes that link glucosamine or n-acetyl glucosamine to a common precursor.
- Glutamine is an energy source for enterocytes of the small intestine, helps form nicotinamide for energy transfers and glucosamine for connective tissue, and contributes to purine and pyrimidine nucleotides.
- 1.1A synthesized form of this, taken to relieve arthritis pain.More example sentences
- Others will have to rely on acetaminophen or dietary supplements such as glucosamine, ginger, turmeric or boswellia.
- Some evidence suggests that the dietary supplement glucosamine probably improves osteoarthritis symptoms.
- Some find dietary supplements such as glucosamine and chondroitin helpful.
More definitions of glucosamineDefinition of glucosamine in:
- The US English dictionary